Rest of World is seeking an experienced and creative Audience Engagement Editor to drive activity and engagement across current and emerging digital platforms, amplify our journalism to deepen reader engagement, and help us find the best audiences for our work, no matter what location or platform proves the best fit.
The successful applicant will appreciate the art and science of reaching, engaging, and building loyalty among a truly global audience. They will bring an appreciation of the idiosyncrasies of each of the social platforms, and an enthusiasm for getting our stories in front of the widest and best possible audience.
- Create social messaging across platforms in collaboration with the Audience Director and with input from editorial team and writers
- Maintain close contact with editorial team to deliver information and contribute to messaging
- Test engagement strategies and apply learnings
- Spark conversation with our audience by conceiving polls, call-outs, and more
- Track search terms and work to optimize our SEO copy
- Design and optimize content for social
- Help manage paid social media campaigns
- Monitor trends, mentions, and conversations among competitors, allies, and followers
- 4+ years experience working on social media and audience engagement
- Brand awareness and ability to work in a news environment
- Fluent use of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit
- Excellent social copy and headline writing skills
- Experience creating audiences for and executing on paid media campaigns
- A strong understanding of social media platforms and trends and a proven track record of scaling those platforms
- Fluency in Google Analytics as well as Twitter and Facebook analytics
- Strong visual editing skills are a plus
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audience Engagement Editor” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please create social headlines and share copy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and one other platform of your choice for 3 international tech articles from any publication and 3 Rest of World articles of your choice.
Working at Rest of World
At Rest of World, we are building a team that values diversity and believes in telling stories from communities and countries that are often ignored around the world. Here’s what you can expect when you join us:
- An attractive benefits package, featuring comprehensive, company-sponsored medical benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter and wellness reimbursement package, paid time-off, and generous primary and secondary parental leave time
- A competitive compensation package
- Opportunities to lead, grow, and learn from a talented group as we build a robust global team
Rest of World is an equal opportunity workplace. We value inclusion and diversity, and anyone who applies and qualifies for opportunities in the organization will receive consideration for employment without discrimination against age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, color or disability.